MATTITUCK PACK 39 OFFICIAL RULES
Pinewood Car Requirements:
- Maximum width - 2-3/4"
- Maximum Length - 7"
- Maximum Weight - Not over 5 Ounces
- Minimum width between wheels - 1-3/4"
- Minimum bottom clearance underneath the body (so it does not rub on the track guide) - 3/8"
- Axles, nails, wheels, and body shall be from the materials provided in the official kit provided by the Pack.
- Official BSA wheels must be used. The wheels may not be cut, drilled, beveled or rounded. You may remove the seams and imperfections from the wheels.
- Wheel bearings, washers, and bushings are prohibited.
- No lubricating oil may be used. Axles may be lubricated with powdered graphite or powdered silicone.
- The car shall not ride on any kind of spring.
- The car must be free-wheeling, with no starting devices.
- No loose materials of any kind are allowed in the car.
Car Registration Requirement
- Cars must be checked in at the Scout Lodge at the designated time on the night before the race. If a parent cannot attend on the night of Car Registration, he/she must contact his/her den leader on or before the day before the race. For parents notified the Den leader, registration will be 30 minutes prior to the event.
- If a car was not registered prior to the event, it will not be allowed to compete in the Pinewood Derby.
- After registration, cars will be stored at the lodge until the race. Once registered, a car cannot be altered in any way.
Pack 39 uses the "Ladder-less elimination" race method and Derby Day! software to run the stats of the Pinewood Derby.
- Points are accumulated after each race.
- First place gets 0 points, second place 1 point, third place 2 points, etc.
- A car is eliminated when the defined point level is accumulated.
- The race winner is the last car that has not been eliminated.
- The Cub Master will have final say on all race time decisions.